The Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma, or FAST scan protocol, is now a vital part of the medical standard of care, especially in the setting of an acute traumatic injury. Whether you are a physician, medical student, nurse, or trained diagnostic medical sonographer, the SonoSim® Ultrasound Training Solution is the easiest and most effective way for both individuals and groups to learn how to perform point-of-care FAST scans. Train on real cases and learn to recognize key anatomical landmarks, image artifacts, and acute traumatic pathologies.
Learn how to perform FAST ultrasounds, with topics including:
- FAST scan indications
- Sonographic technique for RUQ (Morison’s Pouch) imaging
- Sonographic technique for cardiac imaging
- Sonographic technique for LUQ (splenorenal) imaging
- Sonographic technique for suprapubic imaging
- Identifying free peritoneal fluid
- Assessing for hemothorax and pneumothorax
- Case studies
- And much more!
The SonoSim® Ultrasound Online Course delivers an unparalleled educational program that uniquely combines online didactics, knowledge assessment, and hands-on simulation. The integrated SonoSim educational platform enables users to become comfortable in diagnosing and treating patients with the following traumatic pathologies using sonography:
- Free peritoneal fluid
- Pericardial effusions
- Cardiac tamponade
- Traumatic full cardiac arrest requiring thoracotomy
- Penetrating trauma including stab wound and gunshot wound
- And much more!
You control when, where, and how you learn.
SonoSim: The easiest way to learn ultrasonography.
The SonoSim® Ultrasound Training Solution is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ (CME)
“The hands-on experience really helps when it comes time to scan an actual patient.”
-James H. Moak, MD, RDMS
University of Virginia