Aorta/IVC: Core Clinical Module
This Aorta/IVC Module will teach you how how to perform ultrasonography of the aorta and inferior vena cava. This Module provides comprehensive didactic, knowledge assessment, and hands-on training.
- Clinical Considerations
- Aortic Anatomy
- Imaging Technique
- Aortic Case Studies
- IVC Evaluation and CVP
- IVC Case Studies
Hands-On CasesThe SonoSimulator® provides you the opportunity to virtually scan real-patient ultrasound cases comprising a myriad of pathologies.
- Normal adult male and female and pediatric patients
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm patients
- Aortic aneurysm with mural thrombus patient
- Aortic aneursym with endovascular stent patient
- Fusiform abdominal aneurysm patient
- Hypovolemic IVC caval index patient
- Normovolemic IVC caval index patient
- Hypervolemic IVC caval index patient
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 24 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 20-question mastery test
Continued Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians, and SonoSim, Inc. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 3 hours of ACEP Category I credit.