Bladder: Core Clinical Module
This Bladder module will teach you how to use sonography to assess the bladder and surrounding structures. This Module provides comprehensive didactic instruction, knowledge assessment, and hands-on training.
- Normal Bladder Sonography
- Imaging Artifacts
- Case Pathologies
- Bladder Volume Measurement
- Foley Catheter Placement
- Ultrasound-Guided Suprapubic Catheterization
Hands-On CasesThe SonoSimulator® provides you the opportunity to virtually scan real-patient ultrasound cases comprising a myriad of pathologies.
- Normal adult and pediatric patients (male and female)
- Decompressed bladder patients
- Normal and moderately distended bladder patients
- Urinary retention patients
- Bladder with indwelling Foley catheter case
- Bladder diverticulum patient
- Prostatic hypertrophy case
- Ascites with free pelvic fluid patient
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 17 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 19-question mastery test
Continued Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians, and SonoSim, Inc. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 3 hours of ACEP Category I credit.