Cardiology: Core Clinical Module
This Cardiology module will teach you the basics of point-of-care echocardiography. This Module provides comprehensive didactic instruction, knowledge assessment, and hands-on training.
- Imaging Convention
- Parasternal Long-Axis View
- Parasternal Short-Axis View: Mid-Ventricle
- Parasternal Short-Axis View: Base
- Apical Four-Chamber View
- Subcostal Four-Chamber View
- IVC Evaluation and CVP
- Case Studies
Hands-On CasesThe SonoSimulator® provides you the opportunity to virtually scan real-patient ultrasound cases comprising a myriad of pathologies.
- Normal adult and pediatric patients (male and female)
- Pericardial effusion patients
- Pericardial tamponade patient
- Moderate dilated cardiomyopathy case
- Severe dilated cardiomyopathy case
- Cardiomyopathy with pleural effusion patient
- Cardiomyopathy with pacemaker wire cases
- Severe pulmonary hypertension patient
- Right heart overload with McConnell’s Sign case
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 20 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 20-question mastery test
Continued Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians, and SonoSim, Inc. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 4 hours of ACEP Category I credit.