FAST Protocol: Core Clinical Module
This FAST Protocol Module will teach you how to perform a focused assessment for trauma (FAST) scan. This Module provides comprehensive didactic instruction, knowledge assessment, and hands-on training.
- Transducer Selection
- Image Windows
- Image Optimization
- Performing the FAST Exam
- Imaging Artifacts and Pitfalls
- Role of FAST
- Case Studies
Hands-On CasesThe SonoSimulator® provides you the opportunity to virtually scan real-patient ultrasound cases comprising a myriad of pathologies.
- Normal adult and pediatric patients (male and female)
- Hemodynamically stable patients with mild-to-moderate free intraperitoneal fluid
- Hemodynamically unstable patients with marked free intraperitoneal fluid
- Subtle positive FAST case (fluid in splenorenal window)
- Imaging pitfall case (bladder misidentification)
- Free intraperitoneal fluid and associated hemothorax case
- Pregnant trauma patient
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 20 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 20-question mastery test
Continued Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians, and SonoSim, Inc. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 3 hours of ACEP Category I credit.