Neonatal and Infant Neurosonography: Advanced Clinical Module
This Advanced Clinical Module teaches the fundamental elements of how to perform neonatal and infant neurosonography. The Course begins with a thorough overview of the neuroanatomy of preterm and term neonates and infants, and explores the clinical indications for sonographic examination. Subsequent lessons provide an in-depth review of sonographic neuroanatomy and imaging techniques, and introduce several more commonly encountered pathologic conditions.
In-module questions and a final mastery test assess didactic knowledge. The patented SonoSimulator® will help you develop the requisite cognitive task awareness and visuospatial skills required to perform neonatal and infant neurosonography.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Sonographic Anatomy
- Sonographic Technique
- Technical Tips & Pitfalls
- Case Studies
Hands-On CasesThe SonoSimulator helps to develop and maintain the critical psychomotor and visuospatial skills that are central to performing neonatal and infant neurosonography in a convenient and risk-free setting.
- 10 real-patient based cases including:
- Normal neonatal brains
- Intraventricular hemorrhage
- Right germinal matrix hemorrhage
- Subependymal hemorrhage
- Periventricular venous infarction
- Grade IV right and left periventricular hemorrhage
- Porencephalic cyst
- Extra-axial CSF collections
- Preterm and term neonatal and infant cases
- Coronal and sagittal plane imaging
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 19 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 20-question mastery test