Resuscitative TEE: Advanced Clinical Module
This Resuscitative TEE: Advanced Clinical Module will provide an introduction to the use of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in the resuscitation of a patient in cardiac arrest. Resuscitative TEE indications, regional anatomy, echocardiographic anatomy, echocardiographic technique, and complications will be discussed. The course also reviews imaging tips, possible complications and risks, and benefits of resuscitative TEE.
In-module questions and a final Mastery Test assess didactic knowledge. The patented SonoSimulator® will help you develop the requisite cognitive task awareness and visuospatial skills foundation to build upon when learning how to perform TEE for resuscitation of patients in cardiac arrest.
- Echocardiographic Anatomy
- Echocardiographic Technique
- Imaging Tips & Pitfalls
- Case Studies
Hands-On CasesThe patented SonoSimulator® will help you develop the requisite cognitive task awareness and visuospatial skills foundation to build upon when learning how to perform TEE for resuscitation of patients in cardiac arrest. You will develop an understanding of how to manipulate a TEE probe and obtain the requisite imaging transducer angles required to obtain desired views via flexion, extension, and rotation controls, as well as master the ability to interpret TEE images using real-patient anatomy. Each individual hands-on training case is accompanied by image window-specific expert instruction and probe-positioning guidance.
- Two SonoSim SkillBox® cases
- Develop visuospatial skills and cognitive task awareness needed to manipulate a TEE transducer and acquire the imaging angles necessary to achieve desired TEE views
- Two real-patient cases
- Virtual subject matter expert instruction for probe guidance and image interpretation
- Simulated TEE probe tip flexion, extension, imaging transducer angle changes, and rotation controls
- Doppler Imaging
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 23 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 20-question Mastery Test