Soft Tissue: Core Clinical Module
This Soft Tissue module will teach you how to use sonography to assess the soft tissues of the body for normal and pathologic conditions. This Module provides comprehensive didactic instruction, knowledge assessment, and hands-on training.
- Tissue Identification
- Cellulitis and Abscess Imaging
- Ultrasound-Guided Abscess Drainage
- Case Studies
- Advanced Imaging Techniques
- Peritonsillar Abscess
- Foreign Body Imaging & Removal
Hands-On CasesThe SonoSimulator® provides you the opportunity to virtually scan real-patient ultrasound cases comprising a myriad of pathologies.
- Normal adult and pediatric patients (male and female)
- Soft-tissue abscess patients
- Cellulitis patient
- Foreign body case
- Dependent pretibial edema patient
- Pharyngitis with cervical adenopathy patient
- Chest wall lymphoma patient
- Frontal scalp hematoma patient
- Infected thyroglossal duct cyst pediatric patient
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 25 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 20-question mastery test
Continued Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians, and SonoSim, Inc. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 4 hours of ACEP Category I credit.