Tibiotalar Joint Injection & Aspiration: Procedure Module
This Ultrasound-Guided Tibiotalar Joint Injection & Aspiration: Procedure Module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the basic principles of how to perform ultrasound-guided tibiotalar joint injection and/or aspiration. The Course reviews relevant anatomy and explores the use of ultrasound to evaluate tibiotalar joint pathologies and clinical indications for performing the procedure. Acute and chronic pathologic conditions that afflict the tibiotalar joint are discussed, including trauma, degenerative arthritis, cartilaginous lesions, inflammatory conditions, and infections. In-module questions and a final Mastery Test assess didactic knowledge.
The patented SonoSimulator® will help you develop the requisite cognitive task awareness and visuospatial skills required to perform ultrasound-guided tibiotalar joint injection.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Sonographic Anatomy & Technique
- Procedure Preparation
- Procedure Steps
- Technical Tips & Pitfalls
Hands-On CasesThe SonoSimulator® will help you develop the requisite cognitive task awareness and visuospatial skills that are central to performing ultrasound-guided tibiotalar joint injection. You will learn how to perform these procedures in a convenient and risk-free setting.
- One training case featuring real-patient anatomy
- Medial-to-lateral and anterior procedural approaches
- In-plane, out-of-plane, and combination techniques
- Needle guidance using a simulated linear-array transducer
- 24/7 instruction via a virtual tutor
- AI-based, real-time feedback and automated assessment
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- 13 interspersed questions and answers with real-time feedback
- 12-question Mastery Test