Ultrasound-Guided Procedure Package
This Ultrasound-Guided Procedure Package is specifically created for acute care practitioners seeking to learn how to perform ultrasound-guided venous cannulation and centesis techniques. Procedure-specific regional anatomy, sonographic anatomy, pre-procedural preparation and procedural steps, imaging adjuncts, technical tips and pitfalls, and complications are provided in a modular format.
- 80 hands-on scanning cases
- Practice vascular access and various centesis procedures on real-patient cases
- Variable hemodynamic and hydration status
- Variable patient positioning and approaches
- Variable amounts of fluid (from small to large effusions) to practice centesis procedures
Knowledge Assessment with Performance Tracking
- Over 300 in-module and end-of-module knowledge assessment questions
- Earn up to 33 hours of CME credit**
Continued Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians, the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians, and SonoSim, Inc. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this enduring material for a maximum of 33 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 33 hours of ACEP Category I credit.