Bringing Ultrasound Simulation to Life
What is it?
How does it help me?
Why is it unique?
What are my content choices?
How is it delivered?
How do I buy it?
SonoSim LiveScan™ FAQs
Can I purchase SonoSim LiveScan™ without a SonoSim® Edition?SonoSim LiveScan™ is a SonoSim® Edition add-on that transforms standard mannequins, previously devoid of ultrasound training capability, into high-fidelity ultrasound training and assessment resources. SonoSim LiveScan™ can be pre-installed on new purchases of SonoSim® Editions (after July 1, 2014). Existing SonoSim clients that are upgrading from a previous SonoSim® Edition will receive a thumb drive containing an installer that will perform the upgrade. A video describing how to use SonoSim LiveScan™ is available within the application. Clients can access the video from the Main Menu by selecting "Product Information" and then selecting "How to Use SonoSim LiveScan™".
Can I use SonoSim LiveScan™ with a SonoSim® Personal Solution?No. SonoSim LiveScan™ is a SonoSim® Edition add-on. SonoSim LiveScan™ is not compatible with the SonoSim® Personal Solution. As such, upgrades of the SonoSim® Personal Solution to SonoSim LiveScan™ are not available.
If I buy SonoSim LiveScan™ can I let someone else use it?Yes, you may choose to let someone else use SonoSim LiveScan™. There is no restriction on the number or type of individuals that can use your SonoSim LiveScan™ unit, following purchase.
Can I use SonoSim LiveScan™ on any person or mannequin?SonoSim LiveScan™ can be used on any person or mannequin, with the following exceptions: SonoSim LiveScan™ Tags must NOT be used on anyone using an electronic pacemaker, implantable cardioverter-defibrillator, or other implantable electronic medical device. SonoSim LiveScan™ components may interfere with such medical devices.
How long should my SonoSim LiveScan™ Tags last?The one-time use human tags are manufactured with a hypoallergenic skin adhesive and are designed for one-time usage. The reusable mannequin tags are designed to adhere to industry standard simulation mannequins and come with a 12-month warranty, provided recommended usage practices are observed.
What happens if my SonoSim LiveScan™ Tags stop working, get lost, or break more than one year after purchase?SonoSim LiveScan™ Tags are covered under SonoSim® Care for 12 months following date of purchase. With SonoSim® Care, any defective tags will be replaced at no charge. SonoSim® Care does not cover mechanical damage to tags. Replacing lost tags costs $10 per tag for one-time use human tags, and $15 per tag for reusable mannequin tags.
What happens if I cover the SonoSim LiveScan™ Tags with a shirt, sheet, or other type of covering layer?A thin layer of cloth or a thin sheet of non-metallic material will not typically interfere with SonoSim LiveScan™ tag performance. However, any non-metallic material thicker than two millimeters may substantively diminish tag performance. Any metallic material covering the tags will disable the tags. Avoid applying any direct sudden force over the tags (e.g., hitting, hammering, etc.), as this will damage the delicate hardware within the tags.
Will applying liquids or gels to the SonoSim LiveScan tags adversely affect performance?Do not expose the tags to water or other liquids (e.g., ultrasound gel) as they are not waterproof, and liquids can impede tag performance.
How do I learn to install and use SonoSim LiveScan™?SonoSim LiveScan™ can be pre-installed on new purchases of SonoSim® Editions (after July 1, 2014). Existing SonoSim clients that are upgrading from a previous SonoSim® Edition will receive a thumb drive containing an installer that will perform the upgrade. A video describing how to use SonoSim LiveScan™ is available within the application. Clients can access the video from the Main Menu by selecting "Product Information," and then selecting "How to Use SonoSim LiveScan™".
How is SonoSim LiveScan different from the SonoSim® Ultrasound Training Solution?SonoSim LiveScan™ is a SonoSim® Edition add-on that transforms standard mannequins and live volunteers into high-fidelity ultrasound training and assessment resources.The SonoSim® Ultrasound Training Solution is the most comprehensive yet easy-to-use ultrasound training solution and can be delivered in the form of a SonoSim® Edition. SonoSim LiveScan™ can be pre-installed on new purchases of SonoSim® Editions (July 1, 2014, onwards).
Can I buy other cases, beyond eFAST and RUSH, for use with SonoSim LiveScan™?Yes, you may purchase additional SonoSim LiveScan™ packages from your SonoSim Account representative. New training cases are added on a regular basis. The SonoSim LiveScan™ Cardiology package is slated for release in Summer of 2014.
What happens if my SonoSim LiveScan™ Probe is either lost or stolen?SonoSim® Care does not cover mechanically damaged, lost or stolen SonoSim LiveScan™ Probes. The cost to replace your SonoSim LiveScan™ Probe is $1,000.
SonoSim® Edition Licenses & Upgrades
SonoSim® Edition Site Licenses
- SonoSim® Edition Site Licenses grant institutions 5-years of unlimited access to SonoSim® Modules (Courses, Cases and Assessments).
- Continued access to Modules beyond the included 5 years is available for 10% of the original Edition purchase price per year.
If you purchase a SonoSim® Edition for $15,000, you maintain access to the SonoSim® Modules included in your original purchase for five years at no additional cost. Maintaining access beyond five years would cost $1,500 ($15,000 x 10%).
SonoSim® Edition Upgrades
- The SonoSim® Content Library grows on a regular basis as new Modules are added.
- SonoSim Editions can be expanded anytime by contacting your SonoSim sales representative, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 323-473-3800.
- Access to purchased SonoSim® Module(s) lasts five years from the date of purchase, and can be renewed annually thereafter for 10% of the list price of the Module(s).
If you purchase a SonoSim® Edition for $15,000 and add $2,500 of additional SonoSim® Modules three months later, then the license will expire 5 years after the respective purchase dates. Thus, to continue content access for a sixth year for all modules, it will cost $1,500 for the initial purchase and then $250 for the additional Modules purchased three months later.
SonoSim® Care Warranty
The SonoSim® Ultrasound Training Solution comes with one free year of SonoSim® Care. This provides you with a one-year limited warranty and one year of complimentary telephone customer support from the date of purchase. SonoSim® Care can be extended up to five years from the original date of purchase of your SonoSim® Personal Solution.
One stop for technical support
Because the SonoSim® Ultrasound Training Solution is an integrated system, SonoSim® Care provides one-stop service and support. A majority of issues can be resolved with a single call or email. Technical support is available toll-free at: 855-873-7666; Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm PST.
- Direct access to SonoSim® experts
- Mail-in repair: Send in your SonoSim® Personal Solution using a prepaid shipping label provided by SonoSim
SonoSim® hardware coverage
SonoSim® Care provides repair or replacement coverage, for both parts and labor, from SonoSim-authorized technicians. SonoSim® Care covers the following:
- SonoSim® Probe
- SonoSimulator® laptop (for Editions)
- SonoSim® Drive (for Personal Solutions)
- USB cable
How to purchase SonoSim® Care
- The SonoSim® Ultrasound Training Solution comes with one free year of SonoSim® Care.
- SonoSim® Care can be extended for up to five years from your initial purchase date (i.e., a customer can purchase a total of four additional years of SonoSim® Care).
- Extended SonoSim® Care must be purchased while your SonoSim® Care is still active. Your order is charged at the time of purchase and the additional year(s) is added to the end date of your current SonoSim® Care coverage.
- SonoSim® Care can be purchased from the SonoSim® Store as you are ordering your SonoSim® Personal Solution or by contacting our SonoSim Team at 855-873-7666.
See SonoSim® Care Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
SonoSim® in Education
Institutional Licenses & Group Purchases
- Discount pricing is available for educational programs, institutions, and practice groups interested in SonoSim® Editions or bulk purchases of the SonoSim® Personal Solution.