What is it?
SonoSim LiveScan™ instantly transforms healthy volunteers or mannequins into ultrasound training cases with real pathologic conditions.
Apply SonoSim LiveScan™ Tags to designated anatomic locations on either volunteers or mannequins. The Tags serve as ultrasound scanning windows.
Use the SonoSim LiveScan™ Probe to scan these designated ultrasound windows and learn the precise probe movements required to perform an actual ultrasound exam. A variety of normal and pathologic ultrasound findings that correspond to your handheld probe movements will be displayed in real-time within the SonoSimulator®.
How does it help me?
SonoSim LiveScan™ transforms volunteers and standard mannequins, previously devoid of ultrasound training capability, into high-fidelity ultrasound training and assessment resources.
SonoSim LiveScan™ is a valuable resource during Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) and standardized patient scenarios.
You can now use real ultrasound cases for training and testing. SonoSim LiveScan™ allows you to assess how well trainees identify key anatomical landmarks, image artifacts, and pathologies, and apply this information towards medical decision making.
Why is it unique?
SonoSim LiveScan™ is the first ultrasound simulation technology that enables integration of real ultrasound cases with pathologic findings into live volunteer and mannequin-based simulation scenarios.
SonoSim LiveScan™ is a first-of-its-kind technology that brings never-before-seen realism to ultrasound simulation. Standard resuscitation training mannequins can be instantly transformed into high-fidelity ultrasound training and assessment resources.
SonoSim LiveScan™ overcomes traditional barriers to ultrasound training and testing, and features the largest collection of real ultrasound training cases in the world.
What are my content choices?
The SonoSim® Content Library contains the largest collection of hands-on training cases in the world.
New training cases are added on a regular basis.
Trauma Care (eFAST) Cases
- Case 01 – Tension Pneumothorax (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 02 – Hemopericardium (Penetrating Trauma)
- Case 03 – Tension Pneumothorax (Penetrating Trauma)
- Case 04 – Hemoperitoneum (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 05 – Abnormal Mental Status (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 06 – Pediatric Trauma (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 07 – Hemothorax (Penetrating Trauma)
- Case 08 – Hemothorax & Hemoperitoneum (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 09 – Hemoperitoneum & Coagulopathy (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 10 – False-Positive Hemoperitoneum (Blunt Trauma)
Critical Care (RUSH) Cases
- Case 01- Moderate Hypothermia (Hypovolemic Shock)
- Case 02- Severe Gastroenteritis (Hypovolemic Shock)
- Case 03- Severe Sepsis (Deep Venous Thrombosis)
- Case 04- Severe Sepsis (Distributive Hypovolemic Shock)
- Case 05- Acute inhalational injury (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 06- Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Hemorrhagic Shock)
- Case 07- Severe Sepsis complicated by Pericardial Effusion
- Case 08- Severe Sepsis complicated by Pneumonia, Cardiomyopathy, IUP
- Case 09- Hemorrhagic Shock (Blunt Trauma)
- Case 10- Pneumonia-Related Severe Sepsis
Cardiac Resuscitation Cases
- Case 01 – Pulseless Electrical Activity (Hyperkalemia)
- Case 02 – Acute Ascending Aortic Dissection (Thoracic Aortic Aneursym)
- Case 03 – Massive Pulmonary Embolus
- Case 04 – Severe Sepsis with Pulmonary Source of Infection
- Case 05 – Anaphylaxis
- Case 06 – Cardiac Syncope (Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy)
- Case 07 – Cardiac Tamponade
- Case 08 – Hypotension; Dehydration (Electrolyte Imbalance)
- Case 09 – Tension Pneumothorax
- Case 10 – Acute Coronary Syndrome
SonoSim LiveScan™ comes with your choice of any two or more SonoSim LiveScan™ packages. It provides an easy-to-use and highly realistic ultrasound training and proficiency assessment tool.
Current SonoSim LiveScan™ packages include:
- 10 extended Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (eFAST) cases
- 10 Rapid Ultrasound in Shock (RUSH) cases
- 10 Cardiac Resuscitation cases