Throughout the year, we’ll be launching a series of ultrasound education products, including new online ultrasound courses, unique scanning cases, analytics with artificial intelligence (AI), and more!
The Next Generation of Scanning with the SonoSimulator®
SonoSim Modules combine peer-reviewed courses, hands-on training, and assessment. Practice scanning real-patient cases with the next generation of the SonoSimulator, which will take on the look-and-feel of a real ultrasound machine. New Modules and scanning cases include:
- MSK Joint Injection & Aspiration Series
- Subacromial-Subdeltoid Bursa Injection & Aspiration, Glenohumeral Joint Injection & Aspiration
- Biceps Tendon Sheath Injection & Aspiration, Acromioclavicular Joint Injection & Aspiration, Suprascapular Nerve Injection & Aspiration, Intraarticular Knee Injection & Aspiration (coming soon!)
- Vascular Mapping for Preoperative Planning of Dialysis Access
- DMS Vascular Protocol Cases
- Challenge Cases of Unique Pathologies (AAA, Ruptured Achilles, and more)
- TEE (coming soon!)
- LVAD (coming soon!)
- Pediatric Pulmonary (coming soon!)
For current members, you’ll soon find an easier Main Menu for navigation, how-to videos, and reference materials within the SonoSimulator.
A New SonoSim LiveScan® Experience for High Stakes Simulation
Test the integration of ultrasound into medical decision-making with SonoSim LiveScan. Starting Q3, you’ll be able to change the heart rate and respiratory rate of patients for even more flexible simulations, whether in-person or remote. As always, you’ll be able to continue to provide healthy volunteers or manikins with real-patient pathologies.
Streamline Analytics with SonoSim Performance Tracker
Save instructor grading time with the launch of AI-Automated Assessment this summer! To create a pathway for the standardized assessment of large numbers of ultrasound learners and deliver a dramatically more efficient method for image evaluation, AI-Automated Assessment serves as a first review of ultrasound images saved by learners.
Features of AI-Automated Assessment
- Evaluates saved images vs. “optimal” image views
- Rates image depth optimization
- Rates image gain optimization
- Applicable to all 70+ SonoSim Modules
Benefits of AI-Automated Assessment
- Saves time over manual review of ultrasound images
- Reduces subjectivity from human assessment
- Instant standardized analysis of large numbers of images
- Creates an archive of saved and reviewed images
New reporting features provide high-level summaries to granular insights into learner data including:
- Class Summary Report – Overall analytics into class progress as a whole
- Detailed Status Report – See specific learner data including course progress and number of Mastery Test attempts
- Image Portfolio Report (coming soon!) – See learner’s specific ultrasound images