SonoSim is always looking for talented software engineers with C++ skills and experience developing consumer products. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested in exploring possibilities with SonoSim.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Status: Full-time position
Located in the heart of Silicon Beach, SonoSim, Inc. is a dynamic and innovative start-up company dedicated to pushing medical simulation to the next level. Our products leverage a broad range of technologies from state-of-the-art graphics engines, custom hardware sensors, and advanced data processing to a growing ecosystem of services in the cloud. While we work hard and at a fast pace, we also offer a friendly environment characterized by teamwork, collaboration and camaraderie.
SonoSim is seeking a capable developer to write high-quality client-side web code to help us improve our cloud-based and web services ecosystem. The ideal candidate would be very well versed in writing high quality CSS code, PHP, responsive UIs, SASS/LESS and be able to maintain and update content in WordPress/Woocommerce. The candidate should be a self-motivated individual, with strong communication skills, seeking to work in a fast-paced, high energy, team-oriented and friendly environment.
- Work in a collaborative team of software engineers, QA, designers, marketing director and product managers to deliver a high-quality ultrasound training simulation product
- Assist and maintain eCommerce store
- Update and develop new content in CMS like WordPress
- Collaborate with graphic designer, product owner, and other team members to deliver high quality features and products on time
- Understand and empathize user needs and experience when interacting with products to develop and improve user experience
- Prototype and create content from a brief and refine existing content to conform to main style guidelines
- Write great code following industry best-practices to build out new features at a rapid pace
- Familiarity with Agile and continuous development
- 2+ years of software development experience in production environment
- Very proficient in stylesheets, media queries and CSS extension languages like SASS
- Working knowledge of MySQL and database queries
- Effective development of multiple projects at once
- Responsive Design, Bootstrap grid system and Mobile-First paradigms
- UI/UX architecture and design patterns following SonoSim graphic identity
- Ability and enthusiasm for prototyping/creating from an initial brief
- Outstanding reasoning, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies and continuous integration in a highly-interactive team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The following are a plus:
- Experience debugging cross-browser compatibility, unit testing and automated testing
- Knowledge of backend development (LAMP)
- Experience with WordPress actions/filter in development of custom plugins and child themes
- Exposure to Salesforce REST and SOAP APIs
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related area
SonoSim is a place of collaboration and teamwork. We nurture a diverse and multi-disciplinary group of people, where great talent coalesces into a product that it is more than the sum of its parts. Engineering, science, medical expertise, artistry, business acumen, and dedicated professionals who care about the product, its life-saving mission, and each other make SonoSim a truly unique place to work. We work hard on projects of great difficulty. We stand at the cutting-edge of innovation, often pioneering ideas that no one has explored, and we do it with friendship and camaraderie, juxtaposing serious work with a light-hearted culture that helps people grow professionally and thrive.
If interested in applying, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com