How does SonoSim compare?
Distance-Learning Made Easy
- Master the “must-have” knowledge and skills required to perform ultrasonography
- Develop hand-eye coordination and visuospatial skills using the SonoSim skill box
- Scan real-patient cases, on demand using the SonoSimulator®
- Learn from a myriad of pathologic and normal cases in the SonoSim case library
- Perfect ultrasound-guided procedural skills in a risk-free environment
- Save time and money by learning anytime, anywhere through SonoSim
Remote Teaching Simplified
- Deliver consistent and uniform training to large numbers of users in a proven-effective way
- Select topics that meet programmatic needs and create customized curricula
- Provide unlimited scanning practice on a broad range of normal and pathologic cases
- Enable flexible, asynchronous, and individualized training
- Provide ultrasound-guided procedure training in a risk-free, virtual environment
- Seamlessly integrate ultrasonography into a variety of clinical simulation scenarios
- Review automated knowledge assessment scores, track student engagement, and progress
SonoSim vs. Ultrasound Courses
The traditional approach of attending weekend courses involves significant time, travel, and costs. Attendees do not have access to pathologic conditions; instead, they are limited to normal volunteers and lose access to hands-on training and lectures following course completion. The cloud-based SonoSim Ultrasound Training Solution provides anytime-anywhere access to online course content, hands-on training, pathologic cases, and virtual mentoring.
|Live Instructor Ultrasound Courses||The SonoSim Ultrasound Training Solution|
|No added travel risks or costs|
|No added travel risks or costs||X||✔|
|Access to Pathologic Conditions|
|Access to Pathologic Conditions||X||✔|
|Unlimited Scanning Practice|
|Unlimited Scanning Practice||X||✔|
|1:1 Learner-to-Probe Ratio|
|1:1 Learner-to-Probe Ratio||X||✔|
|Anytime-Anywhere (24/7) Training|
|Anytime-Anywhere (24/7) Training||X||✔|
|Unlimited Refresher Trainings|
|Unlimited Refresher Training||X||✔|
2 Based on the introductory Point-of-Care Package for $3395, available for 365 days
SonoSim vs. Live Instructors
One-on-one live instruction provided to a learner at a patient’s bedside is the ideal method of teaching and learning ultrasonography. The high opportunity cost of one-on-one mentoring and the difficulty of finding pathologic cases on demand limits this approach. The SonoSim Ultrasound Training Solution provides normal and pathologic cases on demand. It has been proven as effective as a live instructor in teaching ultrasound image acquisition and was proven more effective for teaching diagnostic window interpretation.
SonoSim vs. Online Courses
Free and subscription-based online courses are widely available on the Internet. These offerings vary greatly in quality. The inability to obtain essential hands-on scanning training is the major shortcoming of online ultrasound courses. The SonoSim Ultrasound Training Solution provides an integrated hands-on scanning, assessment, and didactic educational experience created by leading experts in ultrasound education.
SonoSim vs. Animation-Based Simulators
Animation-based ultrasound simulators rely upon converting artist drawings into simulated ultrasound imagery. This complex and expensive process results in the loss of vital image artifacts and pathologic findings critical to interpreting ultrasonography. SonoSim’s patented approach involves using real patients that have undergone ultrasound imaging for SonoSim hands-on training. As a result, normal anatomy, ultrasound imaging artifacts, and pathologic findings are present for user learning. SonoSim provides a superior ultrasound training solution at a fraction of the cost of other commercial simulators.