Last Updated Date: December 27, 2021
SonoSim Inc. (“SonoSim, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and the personal information entrusted to us. Your data is used to provide you with service, improve our services, and help resolve issues with your account. We log all access to customer data to verify that no unauthorized access has occurred. We do not sell your data to third parties.
- Use our websites, www.sonosim.com and all other sites on the sonosim.com domain
- Use our services, such as the SonoSim SonoSimulator software application, SonoSim LiveScan, SonoSim Courses, and all other SonoSim offerings
- Voluntarily provide us with contact information during online or in-person interactions
What personal information do we collect or is provided to SonoSim by you?
- E-commerce Site Information: When registering or ordering services through our online store on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to provide personal information that identifies you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and your credit card number.
- Marketing and Sales Interactions (on- and off-line): On our website, online event registrations, newsletter subscriptions, contact us forms, at industry events or in-person visits, individuals may voluntarily provide personal information to receive more information on our services, including personal and work information, such as name, place of employment, email address, phone number, and professional title.
- Analytics Information: Data specific to your internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, the equipment you use to access our software and websites, and usage details.
- Location Information: Using the IP address that you use to connect to SonoSim services and offerings, we may determine the approximate location of your device to calculate how many users utilize our Services from certain geographic regions.
How long do we store your information?
Website data, analytics, and location information are stored by SonoSim until removal is requested.
All backups of this information are retained for a 3 month period. Backups older than this retention period are deleted from SonoSim systems.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, or fill out a contact form on our site. We may also collect information when you choose to opt-in to emails, newsletters, social media channels, or other forms of communication. In addition to digital sources, we may also collect consumer-provided contact information during in-person meetings, such as trade shows, conferences, workshops, and site visits.
We also collect usage information associated with SonoSim provided services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, interact with the website, request information about our services through a contact form, and/or use certain site features in the following ways:
- Improve our website in order to better serve you.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
- Estimate our numbers of users and usage patterns over time.
- Provide better service in responding to your customer service requests.
- Process your transactions, fulfill your orders, and manage the services we provide.
- Send periodic emails regarding your order and the services we provide.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications regarding SonoSim services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained in secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of SonoSim personnel who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Access to these information systems is logged for us to be able to verify that no unauthorized access has occurred. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of personal information when a user places an order, or enters, submits, or accesses their information, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and no financial information is stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (e.g., Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn off cookies, some features might be disabled that make your site experience more efficient. Additionally, turning off cookies might impede how some of our services function, such as remembering shopping cart items, store sorting preference, and/or other website user preferences. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
We do not sell your personally identifiable information to outside parties. We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who require it in order to provide their services. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts, those that help us understand and enhance our services, and those who may need information to provide technical or other support services to you.
- Third Party Websites: Our website may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm you understand and agree with their policies.
- Business Sale or Reorganization: Over time, we may buy new businesses or sell our business. Accordingly, personal information associated with any accounts or services of the business being purchased or sold will be reviewed as part of the due diligence process and subsequently transferred as a business asset to the new business owner. We may also transfer personal information as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal Requests: we may disclose personally identifiable information if required by law or to comply with legal process, to protect our rights or property, or to enforce our Terms of Service.
SonoSim uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide you with our services.
List of third parties we use:
- Auth0: Account authentication and access management. See https://auth0.com/security
- Thought Industries: Learning Management System. See https://www.thoughtindustries.com/privacy-policy
- Amazon Web Services: Cloud service provider. See https://aws.amazon.com/privacy
- Google: User behavior analytics. See Google Privacy and Terms
- Hubspot: Customer Relationship Manager and marketing analytics. See https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
- Salesforce: Sales and Service. See https://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/
- Big Commerce: Website hosting and ecommerce. See https://www.bigcommerce.com/privacy/
- Userflow: User onboarding, training, and notifications. See https://userflow.com/policies/privacy
- Mixpanel: User behavior analytics. See https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Hotjar: User behavior analytics. See https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/
- SEMRush: Market research. See https://www.semrush.com/company/legal/privacy-policy/
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We do not honor do not track signals and may track, plant cookies, or use advertising regardless of whether a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place or not.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
In order to better serve you with advertisements for services, we may allow third party behavioral tracking with trusted partners. You may opt-out of third party behavioral tracking by disabling cookies while visiting this site.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
SonoSim does not specifically market to children under 13. If we learn or have reason to believe that a user of our website is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information from that user’s account.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. In accordance with Fair Information Practices, should a data breach occur, we will notify the affected users via email and/or via in-site notification within 7 business days.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send order information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Potentially send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can either
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Send an email to with the subject line “Unsubscribe”.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request rectification of inaccuracies in your personal data;
- Request deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
We can provide the personal data that we retain upon request. You may also request that we correct any inaccurate data and/or remove all personal information that we store about you by contacting us as indicated below. If you would like to contact us about any of your user rights, scroll down to the Contacting Us section.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
1738 Berkeley St
Santa Monica, CA, 90404
Updates and Changes
SonoSim may change, update or modify this policy from time to time. Upon making changes, the “Last Updated Date” will be modified to reflect when those changes were made effective. Significant changes will be communicated through email to the account holder and/or in-product notifications.