We're excited to be enhancing patient care in South Africa by partnering to provide healthcare providers with remote and accessible ultrasound...
2021 Ultrasound Training Innovations
Dive into an immersive ultrasound simulation with SonoSim LiveScan's controllable vital signs, more training modules, and AI-automated assessment to track progress
Throughout the year, we’ll be launching a series of ultrasound education products, including new online ultrasound courses, unique scanning cases, analytics with artificial intelligence (AI), and more!
The Next Generation of Scanning with the SonoSimulator®
SonoSim Modules combine peer-reviewed courses, hands-on ultrasound training courses, and assessments. Practice scanning real-patient cases with the next generation of the SonoSimulator, which will take on the look and feel of a real ultrasound machine. New Modules and scanning cases include:
- MSK Joint Injection & Aspiration Series
- Subacromial-Subdeltoid Bursa Injection & Aspiration, Glenohumeral Joint Injection & Aspiration
- Biceps Tendon Sheath Injection & Aspiration, Acromioclavicular Joint Injection & Aspiration, Suprascapular Nerve Injection & Aspiration, Intraarticular Knee Injection & Aspiration (coming soon!)
- Vascular Mapping for Preoperative Planning of Dialysis Access
- DMS Vascular Protocol Cases
- Challenge Cases of Unique Pathologies (AAA, Ruptured Achilles, and more)
- TEE (coming soon!)
- LVAD (coming soon!)
- Pediatric Pulmonary (coming soon!)
For current members, you’ll soon find an easier Main Menu for navigation, how-to videos, and reference materials within the SonoSimulator.
A New SonoSim LiveScan® Experience for High Stakes Simulation
Test the integration of ultrasound into medical decision-making with SonoSim LiveScan. Starting Q3, medical professionals will be able to change the heart rate and respiratory rate of patients for even more flexible simulations, whether in-person or remote. As always, you’ll be able to continue to provide healthy volunteers or manikins with real-patient pathologies.
Streamline Analytics with SonoSim Performance Tracker
Save instructor grading time with the launch of AI-Automated Assessment this summer! To create a pathway for the standardized assessment of large numbers of ultrasound learners and deliver a dramatically more efficient method for image evaluation, AI-Automated Assessment serves as the first review of ultrasound images saved by learners.
Features of AI-Automated Assessment
- Evaluates saved images vs. “optimal” image views
- Rates image depth optimization
- Rates image gain optimization
- Applicable to all 70+ SonoSim Modules
Benefits of AI-Automated Assessment
- Saves time over a manual review of ultrasound images
- Reduces subjectivity from human assessment
- Instant standardized analysis of large numbers of images
- Creates an archive of saved and reviewed images
New reporting features provide high-level summaries to granular insights into learner data including:
- Class Summary Report – Overall analytics into class progress as a whole
- Detailed Status Report – See specific learner data including course progress and number of Mastery Test attempts
- Image Portfolio Report (coming soon!) – See learner’s specific ultrasound-guided procedures
For a personal demonstration of the new product features, please contact us.